Rachel is always looking for the finest in commercial and literary fiction and non-fiction. She’s particularly interested in women’s fiction, young adult, crime fiction, and beautifully written narrative and platform-driven nonfiction.
She does not represent poetry, screenplays, or children’s picture books at this time.
If you have a manuscript that you would like to send to Rachel, please first ask yourself the following questions
• Is this manuscript in the best possible shape?
• Do I believe it is ready to sell, or am I just testing the waters?
• Is it completed?
• Is my query letter professionally written and proofread?
• Does my work fit the guidelines of the kinds of books Rachel represents?
If you can answer yes to all of the above, please email a query letter and the first ten pages (in the body of the email) along with a synopsis (3-5 paragraphs) and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.*
Please note: Rachel does not accept snail mail queries!
* You should receive an automated reply once you send your query. Because of the high volume of submissions received, she can only respond to your query if she is interested in seeing more, usually within 6-8 weeks; please do not call to follow up.